Sunday, January 25, 2009

Here Again.

This is a letter I wrote for an older blog of mine for a creative writing class May 8th, 2008. I always find it interesting how I can look back and see who I was, how I have changed... and what is still the same.



To my sweet child,

I love you. I don't understand why you run from me. Do I hurt you? Do I scare you? What have I done? All I want is you. Please, listen to what I have told you. When you are far gone from my arms, please remember what I have said, and who you are, my love. I make a place for you, next to me; you can share my warmth, my love, my comfort. But you choose those who give you a cold floor, hate, and harship? They are your other lovers. Yes, I am jealous. I don't like to share you. And if our relationship will ever be to its fullest, you will only love me. But, I want you to know that no matter how many other lovers you pass through, I will always take you back. There is nothing you can do to rid yourself of my love. And when you come back, I will have so much to tell you. I have been wanting to talk to you so badly. I miss our moments alone. I miss holding you. I miss feeling your breath against my chest when you rest in my arms. It hurts to see you down on your face before me when all I want to do is pick you up and hold you, but you have to let me. Please let me. I know you have messed up and some of the things you have done will cost you much more than you may realize. But I can fix it. I can give you much more than you had before. I promise. It will be better than you could imagine. We can be together again. I will do anything. I have already given everything to have you, but I will do it again if it means one more moment with you in my arms. I love you.

Love,

Your Savior

No comments: